Sainik Schools Admission 2024: Know E-Counselling Process And Available Quotas – News18


Almost 50 percent seats are reserved for SC, ST and OBC categories.

All candidates must appear in the entrance examination for admission in Sainik Schools.

Admissions at Sainik Schools are expected to start soon. The entrance exam results were announced on March 13, for classes 9th and 6th. Parents who desire to enrol their kids at the school, must be knowledgeable on the admission process and the quotas that are offered by the institution. To get an admission at the Sainik Schools, a candidate has to first appear for an entrance examination. For class 6th, the candidate must prepare for the subjects of Mathematics, General Knowledge, Language and Intelligence. While for class 9th, the students have to prepare for Mathematics, English, Intelligence, General Science and Social Studies. After that, they have to appear for an interview round and medical test. Candidates are then shortlisted for admission on the basis of their entrance exam performance. Know all the details on the e-counselling process and quotas.

Students have to undergo an e-counselling process, where they have to mention their preferences, according to their score in the entrance examination.

Important Dates for choice filling:

Registration start date- March 15, 2024.

Last date of registration- March 24, 2024.

Registration Process:

-Go to the official website of the institution,

-Select ‘registration’ and enter your application number. You will then get an OTP on your number and email ID.

-After entering the OTP, set a password for your account.

-Make sure to verify all the mentioned details, like name, category and date of birth.

Admission Quotas:

-67 percent of the school’s seats are reserved for the residents, residing in the same state or union territory as the school’s location. While the remaining 33 percent are for the candidates from other states or union territories.

Here is a detailed look at the quotas, according to the categories available:

-15 percent seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste.

-7.5 percent are given to the Scheduled Tribe category,

– 27 percent are allotted to the Other Backward Class, from the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), according to the Central List. It means that in total, 49.50 percent of the seats at the Sainik School are reserved for the above-mentioned categories.


Source link

Back to top button